- Mt. Fuji is said to be the 29th highest volcano of the world.
- There are more than 100 craters on Mt. Fuji.
- Mt. Fuji is an active volcano. (Although Mt. Fuji used to be classified dormant volcano, the definition changed on Jan. 21, 2003.)
- There is no prefectural boundary on the top of Mt. Fuji. Top area belongs to a shrine.
- There is a pond in the crater on the top.
- There is a post office on the top. It opens during the climbing season only.
- There is a waterfall on a mountainside.
- The wind speed 91m/s was recorded on Sep.25, 1966. (Typhoon No.26)
- The north end to view Mt.Fuji is from Mt. Hi(hiyama, 1,057m / 3467ft.) in Iwashiro-cho, Fukushima.
- The south end to view Mt.Fuji is from Mt. Myoho (749m / 2457ft.) in Nachikatsuura-cho, Wakayama.
- Mt.Fuji straddles the Yamanashi-Shizuoka prefectural border. However, each side insist the view from their own side is more beautiful than from the other side......
- and more.......
Copyright © 2006-2016 Fumiko Maeda all rights reserved.